Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome To My Loo

For the last five years my wife and I have gone without a formal toilet paper dispenser in our bathroom.  Part of our problem has been that we are very picky about style.  In the meantime, my wife has done a good job buying decorative baskets and such to make the toilet paper look cute sitting on a shelf.  But our world is about to change.  Recently, I found a great item for sale on Ebay.



This vintage-style reproduction of a toilet paper dispenser dates back to ones used at the turn of the century.  The original dispenser in our home went right where you see this one.  Life just got a lot better for all of us.

If you are in need of a vintage style toilet paper dispenser and don't mind a reproduction, go to The Charleston Hardware Co. website and check out thier inventory.  They have some nice wire soap baskets for claw foot tubs as well.  I asked them to antique the brass finish and they did it for just an extra $5.  Not a bad deal at all.  Now pardon me as I am off to use my new fancy dispenser....

No comments: