Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nanny State Real Estate: The Rise of the Ridiculous

It seems that with the increase in bank owned inventory there has been a proportionate increase in ridiculous Federally mandated safety fixes to properties.  Here is today's example:



My, doesn't that look pretty.  I am so grateful that Uncle Sam, in his well-intended way, has mandated these to protect us from ourselves.  Had these shabby railings not been there, I would have flung myself off the terrace and onto the driveway below. 

Upon reflection, it's remarkable that mankind has survived the ages without handrails....




Notice that there is only one person in all of these pictures.  I am sure the rest of them died of neck and back injuries sustained when their governments failed to mandate handrails.

No comments: