Friday, May 4, 2012

Marketing Rentals: The Yard Factor

As the lawn growing season approaches, it is important for landlords to consider their curb appeal.   I always find examples in the real world a valuable teaching tool.

For today's lesson, I will use two properties on my block, one across the street from the other.

Here is our first example:


This yard has missed the first and second mowing opportunities of the year.  Is anyone excited about renting this home?  Across the street we have this example which is also for rent:


Curb appeal makes a big difference in attracting quality tenants and lifting up a neighborhood.  There is something to be said about having dignity in being a landlord.

For my yard care I use Master Maintenance.  Call Jeremiah at 801-814-0183.  He is affordable and provides a good service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I love the blurry part on the sign. What's funny is I still know who's it is. Glad it wasn't mine. Keep up the great work and hopefully more will follow.