Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jeremy's Closet: Clearance Sale!

We have been through quite a few rehab projects over the years and many times I found myself keeping things that I thought I would use later in another project.  For one reason or another, the opportunity to reuse a few of these items has not manifested itself so in the spirit of fun, I am offering them to you:

1920's ART DECO Corner Shelf


I pulled this out of a 1920's bathroom a few years ago.  We were going to refinish and put it in another art deco home.  All our projects since have been Arts and Crafts or Victorian so this hasn't found a home.  Perhaps you can find a use for it.  It goes well in 1920s-1930s homes.  $25

1920s ART DECO Towel Rod


This is another vintage art deco piece.  It appears to be a chrome finish. Again, it will go well in a 1920's bungalow or 1930's Tudor revival home.  Typically those types are homes with these style finishes. $15

Old Style Curtain Rod Brackets


Have the rods but missing the brackets?  I know the sticker says 19 cents but my price is $2.50...unless your money is vintage 1950 mint uncirculated then I will take 19 cents face value.

Vintage Style Faucet
 
This new old-stock item would go great on any old sink.  And unlike all the plumbing being made in China today...this one was made in the U.S.A.   $2.50

1908 Arts and Crafts Cast Iron Sink


This is an original sink from my home.  It comes with separate hot and cold faucets.  It needs a little porcelain touch up on the right side were there was a drip.  Spice up your historic home with a historic sink.  The sink was originally a stand-alone piece in our hallway upstairs.  Innovative at the time the home was built, but awkward today.  I guess you would call it a one-quarter bathroom?  Anyway, I have the original iron mounting bracket and screws (sitting in the sink).  Total package $30.

That concludes today's surprises from my closet.  If I find some more I will post them for your consideration.  If you are interested an any of these items, let me know.  Best Regards!

No comments: