Thursday, November 1, 2012

JUST SOLD! Frankenstein Five-Plex

I just sold this investment property for a client:


This was an 1890's Victorian era home that was subdivided back in the 1940's into multiple units.  Perhaps the idea was to provide housing for boys returning home from the war.  Whatever the original intent was, the legacy of decision to subdivide has been very interesting.

I have managed the property for the past year after my seller's decided that they were not interested earning the PhD in property management that was required for this building.  To understand why, you can read this first-hand ghoulish tale of the macabre that I experienced on Christmas.  I now have the PhD. 

Despite the challenges associated with this building, my clients fared well.  They purchased it for $70,000 a year ago back when the market was troughing and nobody wanted to touch real estate.  We sold the property this week for $92,000.  Congratulations to my sellers on making a wise investment. 

If you are thinking of selling your income property, contact me and let's see what your property is worth in today's market.   

No comments: