Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Photo Gallery: Decorating Disasters


Interior decorating is a very subjective art.  What is appealing in one region of the country may not be in fashion in another.  Individual tastes are also widely varied and difficult to predict.  However, the rule in selling real estate is to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.  Here are some photos of homes that came up short on mass appeal:


You can imagine my shock when I walked into the dining room and found this.  I kept waiting for one of the plants to come alive and eat me.  



This home was very interesting.  Although it was a 1920's bungalow, it had been decorated in a nouveau industrial motif.  The walls were a silver glaze with plumbing pipe acting as curtain hardware.  Hmmmm....


I couldn't find my photo in the archives so I found a substitute to make the point.  Mirrors on the bedroom ceiling may be fun; but, nobody wants to know what kind of Lothario you are on the weekends.  I visited a home once in Ogden where the ceiling above the bed was made into one giant mirror.  I recommend removing those before putting your home on the market...especially if you live in Provo or Bountiful.  

If you are thinking of selling your home and want some advice on how to prepare it for the market, CONTACT ME, and I would be glad to do a courtesy walk-through of your property.




No comments: